Monday, July 27, 2009
Jimmy Johnson Wins The Brickyard 400
Jimmie Johnson won The Brickyard 400 yesterday in Indianapolis, Indiana. Cream rises to the top and Jimmie is certainly the cream of NASCAR racing. And, the Hendrick team is the best by so far it isn't even funny. Mark Martin was second, Tony Stewart was third (using a lot of Hendrick equipment), and Jeff Gordon was 9th. Add in Ryan Newman (again, Stewart's second car, and another quasi Hendrick car), in 14th, and you have 5 of 6 Hendrick cars in the top 15. In the season-long standings, Tony the Tiger is first, "Superman" Jimmie Johnson (what Mark Martin called him after Johnson won yesterday) is second, Jeff Gordon is third, Ryan Newman is seventh, and Markie Mark Martin is ninth. The only one missing is Jr. and he is mired back in the pack. Pretty amazing performance for Hendrick and Chevrolet.
- Qualifying Rained Out @ Pocono, Stewart Has Pole
- Juan Pablo Montoya--No Whining in NASCAR
- Jimmy Johnson Wins The Brickyard 400
- Carl Edwards wins Kroger 200 Nationwide Race
- Mark Martin Wins Pole for Brickyard 400!
- Kenseth Loses Sponsor Dewalt Tools
- Mark Martin Wins for 4th Time in 2009
- Mark Martin Wins at Chicagoland
- Logano Wins Nationwide Race at Chicago Land
- Another Win for Tony the Tiger!
- ▼ July (10)