General Motors, aka Chevy for NASCAR purposes, announced today they are pulling support from the Nationwide and Camping World series. Not surprising. Heard this morning that GM stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange.
Makes one wonder what is next but expect at least a reduction of GM support for the Nextel Sprint Cup series as well. Could this mean that teams will have to rely mostly on their own resources and those of their sponsors? Could be very interesting, and even take racing back to its roots where one-team cars can compete with the bigger teams, and the bigger teams will get smaller. Tough part is this has to mean fewer jobs in Charlotte area.
- Joey Logano Gets 1st Win
- Lenox Industrial Tools 301 Underway at Loudon, New...
- Full Weekend--Sprint, Nationwide, and Camping Worl...
- Richard Petty and Beer Sponsors
- Kasey Kahne Wins At Sonoma
- Mark Martin Wins At Michigan
- GM/Chevy Pulls Support from Nationwide and Camping...
- Tony the Tiger Wins at Pocono--1st Win As Owner/Dr...
- Double File ReStarts in NASCAR--Great Mid-Season R...
- ▼ June (9)