I had forgotten about Richard Petty and his aversion to beer and alcohol sponsors on his cars. He has never had one! He is in a bit of a pickle now with Kasey Kahne and the Budweiser #9, a car, number, and sponsor he inherited when his team and the former Evernham teams merged earlier this year. He says his momma would never put up with a beer or alcohol sponsor on one of his cars. He is reconciling the current dilemna by not allowing Budweiser on the two original Petty cars he brought to the team. I'm sure he is okay with cashing those Budweiser sponsor checks though.
Richard did have glass of red wine after Kasey won in Sonoma Sunday, saying that is why he likes to go to Napa and Sonoma! Good for Richard, a glass of red is always good for you now and then, like every day!
- Joey Logano Gets 1st Win
- Lenox Industrial Tools 301 Underway at Loudon, New...
- Full Weekend--Sprint, Nationwide, and Camping Worl...
- Richard Petty and Beer Sponsors
- Kasey Kahne Wins At Sonoma
- Mark Martin Wins At Michigan
- GM/Chevy Pulls Support from Nationwide and Camping...
- Tony the Tiger Wins at Pocono--1st Win As Owner/Dr...
- Double File ReStarts in NASCAR--Great Mid-Season R...
- ▼ June (9)